I struggle to eat well during weekends. My gym does not open on Sundays and I find it easy to make Sundays my Rest day. A late breakfast and generally knowing there is no structure to the day sends a signal to my head that I can eat any time. I am having a BAD day today. I have been unwrapping one chocolate after another 😦
I’d like to share one of my favourite soup recipes today. It is healthy, hearty and so filling.
RAJMA PANEER SOUP
Source: Sailu’s Food
1 cup rajma/kidney beans, soak overnight and cook until soft (usually takes me around 7-8 whistles)
100gms paneer, cubed
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1 red pepper, roast till slightly charred
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1 tbsp olive oil
500 ml vegetable stock
salt to taste
1) Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic. Fry for a minutes, then add the whole spices: cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
2) Then add the finely chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3) Add the green chilli and the chopped spinach. Saute till the spinach wilts, around 3 minutes.
4) Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn mushy, 3-4 minutes.
5) Add chopped green pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
6) Add cooked kidney beans and vegetable stock. Cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
7) Turn off heat and allow the soup to cool.
8) Blend 3/4 of the cooled mixture along with a roasted red pepper to a smooth paste. Combine this paste to the remaining mixture.
9) Put this mixture back on the stove and cook on low flame.
10) Add chopped paneer and cook for another 4 minutes. Rajma Paneer Soup is ready!
I had my soup with croutons, well, chopped baguette. It was so delicious! 😀